Spring "Cleaning" - Innovative Energy Solutions on Institutional Property
1:15 pm – 2:45 pm
The National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) will present an introduction into its unique research-based capabilities across a wide spectrum of renewable energy and energy efficiency focus areas. NREL’s analysis informs various stakeholders on technological, environmental, policy and economic decisions as energy-efficient and renewable energy technologies advance from concept to commercial application to market penetration. With objective, technology-neutral analysis, NREL aims to increase the understanding of energy policies, markets, resources, technologies, and infrastructure and connections between these and economic, environmental, and security priorities.
NREL is extremely interested in working with institutions and other team members to build upon and advance its own research efforts.
Highlights of this Webinar Include:
1) Background on NREL (only DOE lab focused on renewable energy & energy efficiency)
2) NREL's Work on DOD, US Governmental, Tribal, and International projects
3) Highlight NREL’s campus as a living laboratory
4) Site Screening & Assessment (i.e. description of proprietary tool – REOpt)
5) Net Zero Energy Building Design & Retrofit initiatives
6) Microgrid evaluations (i.e. Miramar, etc)
8) Data Center Optimization
9) ESI – high level description of latest capabilities across Energy Systems Integration
Sponsored by: NREL of the DOE and Willdan Energy Solutions
The Mississippi River: Is Sustainable Infrastructure a Watershed Solution?
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm
Through the efforts of several national civil engineering associations and the Harvard School of Design, the Institute for Sustainable Infrastructure (ISI) formed to advance the development and practice of a web based tool for measuring and encouraging sustainability in civil infrastructure projects of all kinds, other than habitable buildings. "Envision™" is now an in-depth guidance and rating system used to assess and improve the sustainability metrics of all types and sizes of infrastructure projects.